DIY LACE SHORTS
Lace shorts, especially white ones are totally in right now, but can be quite expensive to buy.
Time to DIY it up and create our own lace shorts in just a few simple and easy steps.
White shorts and white lace are fashionable, but pastel pinks are also pretty to wear. So start off buy selecting a pair of shorts to re-vamp. Place these shorts on a flat surface. if you have a large roll of lace, cut the last into thin strips and have them the horizontal length of the shorts. If you have a roll of lace that is already in thin strips (as pictured ), just place these over the shorts and cut when the fabric covers one length of the shorts. Lace can be found in any craft store or textile store. If you like to sew, you can sew the strips of lace onto the shorts, one at a time. Otherwise, you can use fabric glue to glue the lace strips onto the shorts. Let it dry and then turn the shorts over to do the other side. And voila!! Your own lace shorts.
To add your own personal touch to it, you could add some different coloured lace or shorts to make them unique and your own.
How to style the shorts.
The shorts pictured here have a pink tone to it. They were paired with a simple white button up blouse and a printed clutch.
These shorts are also pinkier and this look is very casual. Just paired with a nude takn top and a denim button up, that was left open. Layer on some jewelry and sneakers for a more casual look.
This last look was paired with a red flowy tank top and an oversized cardigan, for when it gets a bit cooler. Add gold jewelry for a more comfy chic look.
Add a brown belt too, to pull a look together.
Enjoy and good luck. xoxo
Another simple and easy drink that only requires two ingredients: berries and water.
Just pour some water into ice cube moulds and place some berries into the water, but don’t fill it up to the top, as the water will rise as it freezes. Leave to freeze for a couple of hours or overnight, then take out and place into any drink. A fun and simple way to add something nice and extra into your drink.
You could of course do the same with some crushed ice and just pop the berries into your drink the way they are or cut them up into smaller pieces.
You could also add a different form of liquid, such as juice or carbonated water. The choice is endless.
Enjoy and good luck. xoxo
Time to create some delicious summer time fruit snacks!
This can be eaten for breakfast, throughout the day as a snack, or even as a desert.
It is so easy to do. All you need is:
Yogurt (any yogurt that you want to use)
some berries ( I used raspberries, but you could use any that you want.)
and some granola
Now all you have to do is layer it up, yogurt then granola then more yogurt and top it all off with some berries and voila! So easy and so delicious.
Enjoy and good luck. xoxo
Just a quick DIY for all the make up lovers out there. All you need is:
Marbles (or any other decoration)
Just clean out the old soup can, apply some hot glue on it and arrange the marbles how you like. If you wanted to, you could paint the soup can first and only apply some marbles, instead of filling the whole can with marbles
For another idea, all you need is:
An old candle jar
All you need to do is cut out your desired shape on the paper and stick it to the jar. Then using some paint, beautify that jar! And voila! Your own and unique makeup brush holder. Now just add some beads that can be bought in any craft store and place some inside the jar. This will keep the brushes upright.
Thanks and good luck. xoxo
Summer is here, which means we can all try out new nail designs with pretty pastel colours and bright neon ones, to see what we like best. So obviously there is nothing worse than getting out your fave bottle of nail polish and finding it to be a sticky and goopy consistency. Even worse is when it starts to chip only a few hours later.
This happens all the time, so I thought I would share some easy, yet effective ways to make your nail polish last longer.
1) Don’t store your nail polishes in a random box or on your shelves. By doing so the bottles will not be stored upright and the lacquer will move around the bottle. This will cause air bubbles to appear in the lacquer and thus create the thick and sticky consistency, which we so don’t want.
2) Do apply a base coat and top coat after using the nail colour of your choice. The base coat will help protect your nail and create a smooth surface for your nail colour to be applied to. The top coat will seal in the colour or the design and will prevent chipping, or at least make the chipping process take some extra time. 🙂
3) Don’t use nail polish remover to thin your nail polish. Many nail varnish removers actually contain acetone that can break down the formula of your lacquer and this ruins it.
4) Do use thinner drops, as they are specifically made to thin your nail polish and really do thin the formula.
5) Don’t shake your nail polish to loosen the formula. This is just like the like the first point, where air bubbles will form. Just roll the bottle in the palm of your hands to warm up the polish.
6) As an extra added tip… Don’t apply the nail polish to your cuticles. Try to keep the polish a bit away from the cuticles, to keep them healthy.
A girl should be two things in life, FABULOUS and CLASSY – Coco Chanel