We’ve all been there. Bitter cold days that leave the skin feeling extremely dry and flaky looking. Now that it’s the new year, it’s finally time to get rid of your dry skin. I’m going to show you some easy DIY at home remedies that you can use to get rid of dry skin and say hello to a beautifully moisturised and smooth surface.
So let’s get started!
1. Firstly, drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated! So drink up!
2.To reduce the Flaky skin around eyebrows and nose, you’ll need Apples, lemons and honey
Recipe: Juice one apple with the skin on. Add a tiny bit of freshly squeezed lemon and use a cotton pad to apply the juice in an upward and outward direction. Apples and lemon act as an exfoliant for the skin. Apples also help to tone and boost collagen production. Follow with applying some honey on your skin, to help moisturize your skin.
3. Olive Oil, Lemon, & Salt Scrub
For a little more exfoliation on your skin, mix the juice from 1 lemon with 5 tablespoons of sea salt and one tablespoon of olive oil to create a luxurious body scrub. The fresh lemon scent is really invigorating and with the addition of olive oil, this scrub will leave your skin feeling fresh and moisturized and incredibly soft.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is wonderful, a product that has so many versatile uses. I love using a bit of coconut oil and lathering it right onto my skin. It’s great for use on legs to help while shaving, but also great for putting into your hair and leaving it in a bun for a few hours as a deep conditioner. Rinse out after a couple of hours with shampoo and voila, your hair will feel and look silky smooth.
Enjoy and Good Luck. xx
In this post I’m going to share some spa treatments for you to try out at home. They are very easy and inexpensive to do.
1) The first at home spa treatment is for a nice relaxing bath. All you need is a cup of rosewater and a cup of coconut milk. Mix the two together and add to your bath.
2) For the second one you need a cup of honey plus a cup of olive oil. This is a great moisturiser for your skin. Honey is anti-bacterial so it is perfect for preventing and reducing spots on your skin. The olive oil is a natural moisturiser for your skin. So combined they are perfect.
3) The facial/body scrub is just made of honey and brown sugar. Depending on how coarse textured you want this to be, add as much sugar as you want. This is so great for exfoliating any dead skin cells. (I also have a previous post on exfoliators.) This scrub can also be used for you lips.
4) The last treatment helps fight the redness on your face. it consists of one egg yolk and the juice of one lemon. This works so well. you could also apply some sugar to your lemon and run the lemon over your face for the same effect.
Enjoy and Good Luck. xx
Say good-bye to dry skin!
Hey guys, ok so my skin is so dry and even though it’s really warm outside, my skin still becomes so dry. So, I of course need to exfoliate and get rid of the dead skin. Good exfoliators and be quite expensive to buy sometimes, especially for people with sensitive skin, so I though I would show you my DIY scrub to exfoliate your way to healthy looking skin.
This is my DIY Sugar and Olive Oil scrub!
The sugar helps to get rid of dead skin cells and dirt on your skin, while the olive oil is a natural moisturizer for your skin, leaving a super soft and hydrated feeling.
All you need is:
1) 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2) 2 Tablespoons Organic Honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is perfectly fine too)
3) ½ Cup Organic Sugar (regular sugar is fine too, but don’t use Splenda.)
4) a cup and spoon
The mixture should look something like this.
Add all the ingredients into your cup or bowl and mix well. You can add more sugar, honey or olive oil, if you feel you need it. The measurements are just guidelines.
Now you just need to apply. Wash your face first and then taking a small amount work it into your skin with circular motions. Do this on you entire face and then rinse off and pat dry. Voila!
This is also great for the rest of your body, if you have dry skin!
Enjoy and Good Luck. xox